White Rose Heritage Courtyard
The White Rose Courtyard is located on the south lawn of the building, facing Ming Street. The courtyard features six freestanding columns. The columns represent the six Principles of Sigma Tau Gamma: Value, Learning, Leadership, Excellence, Benefit, Integrity. The columns set on a base of eighteen stones. Seventeen of the stones represent the 17 men who founded the Fraternity in 1920. The eighteenth stone represents each individual member who has since joined the Fraternity. Alumni groups or individual brothers are sponsoring each of the columns and stones. The courtyard pathways will feature commemorative engraved bricks. Engraved bricks may still be purchased for the courtyard. Proceeds from the bricks assist this project.
The building was completed in September, 2000. A dedication ceremony was held at the site on October 21, 2000. When the building is not in use for Sigma Tau Gamma programs and events, it will be leased for special events such as wedding receptions, anniversary parties, retirement parties, and organizational events. The Foundation anticipates sufficient rental revenue to cover operating costs, together with a balance to be contributed to program endowment funds. Read the entire article at Sigmataugamma.org